A Christmas Calamity
Ed worked as an operator and foreman at an Ethyl plant in Texas for forty years. Working there was a family affair- his dad helped build it and his son works there today.
Ed worked hard to support his wife and six children. Then, one Christmas at 4 o’clock in the morning, he awoke with chest pain so severe he was rushed to the emergency room. Doctors ran tests and diagnosed him with mesothelioma. From his years working at the plant, Ed had unknowingly been exposed to asbestos, the only known cause of the disease
Less than three months after his diagnosis, Ed died.
Now a Congressman from his home state of Texas has introduced the FACT Act (H.R. 526 / S. 357), a bill that would benefit the asbestos industry that claimed Ed’s life, as well as so many others.